Does the past affect the future? 


Image result for past present future
In today's day in age people all around the world are never asking "what" but "why." Why is that? Why do we always have to ask why? Sometimes I wonder how I got to where I am today and how I got there, for example how do I know how to swim? It's because at a very young age both of my parents taught me how to swim by putting me in swim lessons for many years so that if I'm ever in a situation where I need to swim I am able too, so if I go to a pool party with friends I'm not the kid on the side of the pool watching everybody have fun in the pool, since I can swim I can enjoy quality time with friends and have fun in the pool. This demonstrates a perfect way of how the past always affects the future. What if my parents never put me through swim lessons? I wouldn't have been able to have fun at that party, or even worse what if i got pushed in the pool? What would I have done? 


If I were to ask you, "what made you the person you are today?" What would you say? Well asked most of my family which is 12 people, and all of them said "because of my past experiences," when i asked my mom for an example of this she said. " well Cason a good example is you, when we first had you me and you're father did not know what to do or how to get you to stop crying. But after a while we go the hang of it. When we had you're brother though he was a lot easier because we knew what to do because we had the  past experience with you we learned which made it much easier with Jonathan." This really helped me understand that the past really does affect the future. 


Image result for growth
What is personal growth? "Personal growth are activities that improve awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, build human capital and facilitate employ ability, enhance the quality of life and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations." Personal growth plays a big factor in someones past because it involves the word "growth" which means " the process of increasing in amount, value, or importance." In that definition it says "increasing" which is a factor involving experience, for example the more basketball games I play, they will give me more experience and then my basketball IQ will have "growth" which means I will be a better basketball player overall.  This further explains the past experiences lead to personal growth!!


In this blog post I portrayed plenty of evidence that the past does affect the future by demonstrating and explaining "past experiences and personal growth" which support that the future really is affected by the past.

Works Cited 





  











Comments

  1. Cason - you have such a distinct way of communicating. It's like I could hear your voice as I was reading your post. That's such a strength, and I definitely want to help you fine tune it as the semester progresses.

    I think it's great that you included your family members in the discussion, and I love your mom's example of how new experiences and challenges prepare us for the future. She's a smart lady! What is a present day challenge you're facing, and how do you hope it prepares you for the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I really appreciate it, a present day challenge for me is taking 4 AP classes this semester which is very hard to balance all the work and time manage. Because my parents tell me to work hard, because hard work will always pay off which will lead me to getting a better job which will then be another challenge. I love a challenge because that is the only way you will get better because what does not kill you will always make you stronger!!!!!

      Thank you for responding to me!!!!!!!!!

      Cason Remaley

      Delete
  2. I really liked when you said, "what made you the person you are today?" This question is very powerful because it can really make a person think. The question alone is a real life question. Whether or not that person went through tough situations, everyone has had experiences that shaped them into the person that they are now. This question also allows people to think about the bigger question, "does the past affect the present?" People can use their own real life experiences to relate to the topic and create their own answer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Imperialism changed the world we live in today

The 5 things that I took away from American History 2